You have no items in your shopping cart.
They may cost more, but they are probably the best quality Electric Fence post and will last you a lot longer.
Many customers comment that the commonly available horse posts break at the vulnerable footplate whilst being inserted into hard ground. They also tend to bend very easily. These are made from high-grade Polypropylene with improved stability and better impact resistance.
There are several reasons why the Ultimate Horse Post is a superior product than these posts. All prices are quoted on a "per pack" basis.
- A. Far thicker with more plastic moulded into the footplate eliminating breakages at this vulnerable point. Some suppliers sell you two footrests in case one breaks.(See insert) By far the strongest available.
- B. Longer steel shaft for greater stability and ease of use..
- C. There is a greater length of the shaft embedded in the plastic promoting strength.
- D. Stronger more robust footplate making it easier for you to push the shaft into hard ground without slipping off.
- E. A larger gusset at a more acute angle further boosting the strength of the footplate.
- F. The only post in the UK offered with a Three Year warranty against the ravaging effects of sunlight UV rays* - the plastic terminator. These are happily marketed into the hottest climates around the world so will last ages in the UK. Standard UK posts do not have a warranty.
- Uniquely designed lugs for positive holding and quick release of all Polywire, Rope or Tapes. Your fence will remain intact.
- Greater quantity of plastic and engineered structural design results in a stronger, stiffer post. Look at the comparison below where an even tension was applied to both posts.
- The posts are supplied in packs of 10. Prices quoted are on a "per pack" basis.
- Available in 2 lengths - 45 in/115 cm (92cm or 36in, out the ground), or 57 in/145 cm (124 cm or 48in, out the ground)
The posts are sufficiently rigid to maintain an appealing fence and yet are designed to flex (but not break) with a "rubber band" effect. This ability to yield under pressure is less likely to injure your kamikazi pilot or aspiring Houdini.
*The warranty on these products refer to the UV stability of the compound. Mechanical damage to the post and lugs is not included.
This image will indicate how much stiffer than standard UK posts the Ultimate Post is.