You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Electric Netting
- Tape, Twine, Wire And Rope
- Fencing Posts
- Fence Accessories
- Electric Fencing Kits
- Stable And Yard
- Poultry Husbandry
- Dairy Husbandry
- Lambing And Calving
- Animal Husbandry
- What is Electric Fencing
- Advantages of an Electric Fence
- What you Need for a Fence
- Quantities Guide
- Installing a Fence
- How to Erect a Net
- Improve Your Fence
- Testing an Electric Fence
- Poultry Netting Trial
- Electric Netting Dimensions
- Electric Fencing Mistakes
- TLD Max Technology
- Energiser Terminology
- Choosing an Energiser
- Fencing Articles
- Trouble Shooting
- Delivery Terms
- Visit our Blog
Solar and Battery powered Water Pump.
There is an increasing requirement for land owners and managers to keep livestock away from watercourses. The European Water Framework Directive (WFD) has been establishing a framework for the protection of inland waters, transitional waters (estuaries), coastal waters and groundwater.
Diffuse water pollution from agriculture accounts for 61% of nitrogen entering rivers, up to 40% of phosphorus and 75% of sediment. Fencing off watercourses protects from river bank erosion and relieves poaching so contributes greatly to cleaner water and promotes growth of healthy native flora and fauna.
- An easy, reliable and self sufficient way of providing water to livestock when watercourses are fenced off.
- Reliable, easily transportable and capable of catering for large numbers of different types of animals.
- The solar and battery kits easily integrate with all standard water troughs so there is no need to train animals as with traditional pasture pumps which are also limited in the number of animals they can supply.
- The solar kit has supplied groups of 90 cattle with all their water requirements, without any need to change or charge batteries.
- Far more flexible in application and compared with the cost of mains water, they are very economical.
- Output Capacity at 2meter head - 675 liters per Hour. 3meter head - 370 liters per hour
The unit is supplied with;-
- Control box and enclosed battery compartment made of Weatherproof Polypropylene with a Battery life monitor
- 30watt Mono-crystalline Solar Panel with 5m of cable and powder coated, heavy duty stand.
- 30 meters of 3/4" re-inforced hose
- 360 Gallon per hour submersible pump.
- Float Switch with 5 meter lead.
Batteries are not included.