You have no items in your shopping cart.
Electric Fence Insulators - VITAL for an effective fence
You may think that all Electric Fence insulators are the same. Quality will greatly affect the reliability and effectiveness of your fence. There are many types available for all kinds of rope, wire or tape. We only sell electric fence insulators that have premium insulation quality in excess of 20000 volts to ensure YOUR electric fence is effective.
Select the Type of Insulator you are looking for.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE INSULATORS
Our solid, plastic electric fence insulators are designed to handle and prevent tracking of at least 22000volts. They are specifically designed to efficiently drain rain water away to prevent tracking in wet weather.
One of the primary rules of Electric Fencing construction is that the conducting material (the fence - tape, rope or wire) must touch nothing but plastic. Insulators are required to hold the fence material on the post that supports it, while preventing the fence from contacting any surface that may lead to leakage in current. Insulation in any form should be up to the mark and sustainable. Cheap generic insulators, made of brittle plastic which only last a few years, may be unreliable and inefficient.
ESSENTIAL FOR ELECTRIC FENCES WITH WOODEN OR METAL POSTS.
The purpose of insulators is to ensure that the full amount of energy discharged into the wire is channeled through the intruder/animal when the circuit is closed. They are a "must have" for a reliable electric fence.
Insulators may be broken down into two categories;-
These are designed to hold the tape type of conductor in a range of widths but most commonly 10mm, 20mm or 40mm tapes. Although a 40mm insulator will take a 10mm tape it does look a bit ridiculous.
Free Flowing Insulators. These allow the tape to run and help the tape to stretch when an animal challenges the fence when it may return to its correct standing when the pressure is over. Not suitable in wind swept locations as they allow the tape to flap excessively. These are the cheapest type of tape insulator.
Clamp Insulators. The name says it all and these are the most common. They hold the tape in position and prevent the tape stretching. They do minimise the flap that occurs with the wind but do not eliminate it.
WIRE AND ROPE INSULATORS.The most vital commandment in fence construction stipulates that the fence wire must touch nothing but plastic. Wire and Rope insulators are designed to do just that.
- Ring Insulators. These are the most common variety. They are designed to be screwed into a wood post utilising a moulded screw. The better quality have the metal shaft extending around the insulator. Those that simply butt into the plastic are more easily damaged either in installing the insulator or by animals brushing past. There is a handy tool that may be attached to a hand drill that makes installation very quick and easy.
- Claw Insulators. These have the appearance of two prongs bent to face each other. The main advantage being the ease with which a rope may be fed into them.
- Electric Netting
- Tape, Twine, Wire And Rope
- Fencing Posts
- Fence Accessories
- Electric Fencing Kits
- Stable And Yard
- Poultry Husbandry
- Dairy Husbandry
- Lambing And Calving
- Animal Husbandry
- What is Electric Fencing
- Advantages of an Electric Fence
- What you Need for a Fence
- Quantities Guide
- Installing a Fence
- How to Erect a Net
- Improve Your Fence
- Testing an Electric Fence
- Poultry Netting Trial
- Electric Netting Dimensions
- Electric Fencing Mistakes
- TLD Max Technology
- Energiser Terminology
- Choosing an Energiser
- Fencing Articles
- Trouble Shooting
- Delivery Terms
- Visit our Blog