Tape, Twine, Wire and Rope
Affordable? Budget-friendly? Absolutely! Green or White Horse Tapes and Ropes.
There is only one thing to be considered when looking at Electric fence tapes, rope or twine - that is the conductivity (the ability to transmit electricity) of the material. An Elephant or horse will not be fenced in by plain rope or tape but apply an electric current and ANY terrestrial animal is capable of being contained. The lower the Ohms/metre is, the more electricity it will carry and deliver an effective sting.
For example:- Where an energizer is used to charge 1.3 klm of fence using a good conductor (0.3 Ohms/meter) it will draw far less energy from your battery or mains than when using a poor conductor (10 Ohms/m.);- your batteries will last far longer.
Select the product range of your choice
To view the options available in the various categories - Tape, Twine, Rope or Wire - Please use the drop down feature in the menu or click on the picture above.
Our electric fencing tape for horses has a wide weave that allows the wind to blow through, ensuring that the tape is less affected by wind under all adverse weather conditions. The Electric Fencing Tape is delivered on its own reels and is available in brown, green or white.
By its nature, electric fence tape has high electrical resistance and requires stronger power units. To mitigate this additional step, our 40mm electric fence tape is made with new alloys - - that blend the strength of different metals to create the best conducting materials that permit the use of less powerful energisers. This is the optimum width seen by animals of flight (horses, deer, zebra).
TOP TIPS FOR TAPE, ROPE AND WIRE
- Do not simply tie them together, use the correct joiners to ensure correct connection of the filaments.
- Make absolutely sure that the tape, rope or wire you use TOUCHES NOTHING BUT PLASTIC. Use efficient fencing insulators.
- Conductivity is the key to a quality tape or rope - Ohms/meter - the lower this figure is the better the quality.
- If you are in a windy area consider rope, instead of tape, because it flaps around less
- Try and use substantial start/end posts if at all possible, they give the fence set up some structure and tension
Electric Fencing Poly Tape
Electric poly tape provides greater visibility than poly wire and is therefore more suitable for fast moving animals. Reinforced edges help protect the tape from wear and tear. Joining poly tape is easy using tape connectors. Tape should only be pulled up hand tight, do not over tension. A tape is subject to increased wear in windy conditions. High wind resistance of wide tape will tend to blow the fence over and the wear rate increases so life expectancy will be lower than rope. The large surface area exposed to sunlight will also limit its life.
Electric Fencing Poly Rope
Electric poly rope has less visibility than tape but is substantially more durable thus making it a good choice for a fence line particularly in exposed areas. It is stronger than poly twine. The micro filaments ensure good electrical energy is carried through the fence line at all times. Use Rope Connections to maintain a sound connection.
Electric Fence Poly Twine
Polytwine is a good fencing choice for temporary fences as it tends to be more visible than steel wire. It is lightweight thus making it easy to handle, install and rewind when used as a portable fence. It is well suited to strip grazing and is easily tensioned and it may be repaired quickly and easily. Poly wire is ideal for temporary grazing, strip or rotational grazing and general pasture and pet control. Should not be used with Horses.
This section may be broken down into 2 categories;-
High Tensile Wire
A high tensile wire fence system requires many unique components and is ideal for permanent installation particularly for very long farm fences. Although not right for every type of animal or enclosure, a high tensile fence is affordable, attractive, easy to maintain and can last over 20 years. High tensile wire may be strung tightly and will not stretch under a load, it is however difficult to work with.
Seven Strand Wire
7 Strand fencing wire is a non-tempered, medium-tensile wire that has a yield point and beyond that it stretches plastically under tension (Hooke's Law). This point is reached before the wire breaks so that when highly strained in a fence it will not retain its tension over long periods and will stretch. It therefore should not be tensioned to the stage where a guitar solo may be played on it and the wire requires more support stakes and posts to prevent it sagging. It is very easy to work with and will outlast any of the polyplastic materials.
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £26.75 Incl. Tax: £32.10
Premium Electric fence rope at a great price
- Highest conductivity on the market, 0.22 Ohms/m - OVER 100 times better performance than a standard market rope.
- Incorporates the new Technology.
- Highly visible Yellow and White strands.
- 6mm Rope in 200 or 400m Reels - 3 year warranty*.
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £25.00 Incl. Tax: £30.00
New on the Market with advanced technology
- Braided - not twisted. This makes the rope extra tough and resilient.
- Braided rope absorbs pressure and then snaps back like a huge rubber band
- 0.55 Ohms/m. Excellent conductivity - better than most on offer.
- Highly visible white braiding
- Extreme 3 year warranty* - the longest on offer.
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £19.00 Incl. Tax: £22.80
Premium Green Electric Fence Rope
- 0.22 Ohms/m - extremely good conductivity, surpassing any green rope on the market
- Extremely tough and durable - lasts for ages. 3 year warranty*.
- Green colouring is aesthetically attractive.
- Suitable for long fences. 200m or 400m reels.
- Perfect to keep in an awkward Houdini horse.
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £34.25 Incl. Tax: £41.10
Top of the Range Electric rope - for the best fences
- Highest conductivity on the market, 0.17 Ohms/m - 100 times better performance than a standard market rope.
- Great for long fences and extensive yards.
- Extremely tough and durable - lasts for ages. 5 year warranty*
- Highly visible with Grey and White strands.