Your best option for Permanent Electric Fences
Very low restance of only 0.04 Ohms/m with a breaking strain of 750kg. This wire is 1.6mm and supplied in reels of 315 meters.This wire is ideal for long-permanent fences where effective transmission of current and tensioning is important.
It is the most effective permanent perimeter fence and provides the highest level of security for keeping out or containing difficult or aggressive animals, such as bulls or predators. A well-built, high tensile electric fence requires minimal maintenance and will last 20-plus years.
High tensile electrified fence advantages are:-
- Easier to handle than woven or barbed wire.
- Has no barbs to injure livestock, yet delivers an awesome electronic barb.
- Minimum maintenance with long life of fence - in excess of 20 years.
- Easily electrified with the best conductivity.
- Requires fewer posts.
- Less expensive than other fence types
- Does not stretch under tension - less maintenance. The higher carbon content in high tensile wire significantly increases the wire’s strength and reduces elongation (stretching and sagging).
Long lasting steel wire with 95:5% Zinc:Aluminium alloy galvanizing to increase conductivity and longevity, superior to conventional galvanizing resulting in a high tensile wire with a life 4 times longer than standard fence wires.
Remember ... Barbed wire should not be used as a conducting wire in an electric fence or used in conjunction with any fence that has part of it electrified. There is a risk of serious injury from prolonged exposure to electric shocks to any animal or person that becomes entangled in the barbed wire, particularly as an electric shock received through a puncture wound will be more severe than by contact with unbroken skin. For permanent high tensile electric fences use well-anchored wood posts to support steel wire under high tension.