Convenient Electric Fence Tester
- Indispensible for daily fence maintenance - used to locate fence faults.
- Reading range between 2000 and 10000v - unlike the majority on the market that only go to 5500v
- May be used to test the output voltage of the energiser
- Utilises a simple potentiometer to read the current in the fence - no earth necessary.
- Far more reliable than a blade of grass and less painfull than using your hand to make sure the fence is working.
- Many testers on the market only go to a maximum of 5500v - this is the Minimum that a highly efficient fence should be running at.
- Utilises a simple 1.5v penlight battery. There is a low battery warning light.
A standard electrician's voltmeter or electronic multimeter will not work with electric fences. The very short duration pulses will not register on instruments like these and will likely damage them!
To Operate:- Simply press the metal loop against the conductor and press the central button. A LED light will show corresponding to the voltage.